12 May SME Finance Manager – Successfully Filled May 2020
We have a new permanent opportunity for a ‘Hands On’ Finance Manager job working for an SME business based on the Wirral, turning over in the region of £2.5million with an aggressive growth plan in place. This role will be a standalone role reporting to the CEO/CFO who is based at another site so it is important that this individual is use to working within a small team. The successful individual will be responsible for all aspects of accounting function for an SME business.
- Reporting directly to the CEO
- Responsible for overseeing all finance and accounting procedures and internal controls, working and providing management information to the business and management team
- Preparation of monthly financial statements ensuring the supporting ledgers are appropriately reconciled
- Providing cash flow forecast information working with the CEO
- Assist the CEO, as required, in the work involved in finalising future investment fundraisings
- Ensuring regulatory compliance, including timely and accurate filing of returns as required.
- Annual audit and preparation of statutory accounting
- Annual budget setting, monitoring and reporting of budgets with detailed variances partnering with management
- In depth analysis and commentary for Board reporting.
- Analytical review of capex proposals and other planned expenditures.
- To work closely with the Commercial Team providing solid costing information for tender and pricing opportunities.
- Ad hoc projects
- The successful candidate will have had experience in an SME environment, preferably with a manufacturing background, to support the day to day accounting requirements of the business.
- Ideally a qualified accountant or equivalent experience as a management accountant
- Background within an SME environment essential
- Advanced Excel skills – essential.
- £35,000 to £43,000 per annum plus competitive benefits package
- Flexible working and remote working during Covid 19 situation, some site visits might be required but will only be if in a safe environment
- Free parking
Should this permanent SME Finance Manager job be of interest, please forward an updated copy of your CV and apply now. We look forward to hearing from you and supporting your career search.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org